Tuesday, June 14, 2011

8895: Tuesday Turnarounds.


Turning around the news in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Tracy Morgan has done a complete turnaround, now partnering with Russell Simmons and GLAAD to rebound from his anti-gay comedy routine. “Of all the sicknesses, there is probably none more abusive than homophobia,” said Morgan. “What I am most sad about is the comments I made about kids and bullying. I would never want any young person to think that I wasn’t on their side and if any young person thinks they can bully a young gay kid, come see me at 30 Rock. On the corner, I would be happy to meet you. Or Brooklyn if you can’t make it into Manhattan.” Great, now he’s picking fights with homophobic bullies.

• Wendy’s/Arby’s Group is seeking to split and go in separate fast food directions. The majority stake of the struggling Arby’s brand is being sold to Roark Capital Group, a private equity firm in Atlanta. Guess the accountants at Arby’s have not been in a Good Mood Food mindset.

No comments: