Monday, June 06, 2011

8863: Prison Breakdowns.


Late-night sportscast in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Former NY Giants receiver Plaxico Burress left prison today after serving nearly two years for accidentally shooting himself in the leg in a Manhattan nightclub. “First of all, I want to thank God for bringing me through one of the most trying times of my life,” said Burress. “It’s a beautiful day to be reunited with my family, go home and spend some quality time with them. I’d like to thank everybody for their prayers and words of encouragement. I’d like to thank all my fans around the world for the thousands of letters and unwavering support. As far as football is concerned, if and when (the lockout) gets settled and they get back on the field, I’ll be ready. Y’all be good and blessed.” Hey, the dude deserves another shot. Just not with his own pistol.

• Wesley Snipes will not be leaving prison anytime soon. The Supreme Court turned away the actor’s appeal attempt to have his conviction and sentence for tax charges overturned. So Snipes will be ready to watch the next few Super Bowls from a comfy jail cell.

No comments: