Saturday, October 17, 2009

7180: Harry Webber Is Leaving Advertising…?


At The Big Tent, the always provocative Harry Webber left the comment below…

By HarryWebber.com | LOS ANGELES, CA October 17, 2009 03:15:40 pm:

My name is Harry Webber. I have been working in advertising since 1960. I was 16 at the time and my first client was the once mighty Pennsylvania Railroad, the nation’s first billion-dollar corporation. My product was Employee Safety in the most dangerous business in America. I have been blacklisted and exiled from Madison Avenue as a result of my work in bringing equal opportunity to this industry. I am the poster boy for this issue. On Monday, October 19, 2009, I will turn 65. My advertising career will be at an end. On October 20, 2009, my new career will begin.

I will offer myself as plaintiff to the largest Civil Rights class action suit in the history of our great nation. Wish me luck.

http://MadisonAveNew.com

5 comments:

KissMyBlackAds said...

Whoa!

Anonymous said...

harry webber is a legend. Did more for the industry than any other diversity organization will ever do. One of the realest dudes in the game.

legend said...

Thank you both. And thank you Mr. Jive for blowing my cover. I thought I could just bury this to mark the date. Now the entire world knows I have a target on my back.

If a snub at a club is worth
$1 billion, How much would a snub at 307 ad agencies be worth?

Anonymous said...

The advertising industry operates in the same manor as reminds me of the soap opera casting. All white except for 1 or 2 ethnic folks. But yet you have organizations like adcolor that will smile and get paid to say all is well. And you got folks like harry webber who is extremely talented and cant find a job because he speaks out against bigotry and racism that occurs in the industry.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Webber, indeed profound thanks to you for being a true trailblazer and change agent. But please don't leave us! We need you to be griot! Help us raise up socially conscious and righteous men and women who will carry on the work you so admirably have made your life's work and mission. Let us know how we can support your case.