Sunday, March 08, 2009

6521: Happy International Women’s Day.


In February, the local grocery store saluted Black History Month with in-store messages and a microscopic banner on the chain’s website.

Now the store celebrates National Women’s History Month with in-store messages—but no tiny banner. Plus, a search of the website only finds a mention of International Women’s Day via a blog entry written by Kate. The blog identifies Kate as follows:

Hi, my name is Kate. I am mom to three wonderful daughters Gabriella, Madeleine, and Mae and wife to a great guy, Max. I work full time at Dominick’s and a large part of my job is getting to hear from a lot of women out there about everything that’s important to them. Welcome to my blog.


A visit to the parent company’s website finds an identical blog entry from Kate, who is now identified as follows:

Hi, my name is Kate. I am mom to three wonderful daughters Gabriella, Madeleine, and Mae and wife to a great guy, Max. I work full time at Safeway and a large part of my job is getting to hear from a lot of women out there about everything that’s important to them. Welcome to my blog.


Nothing like honoring women with a fake woman. Oh, and a search of both sites for “National Women’s History Month” generated the following results:

No comments: